Hiring a foreigner

If the purpose of a foreigner's stay in Estonia (except citizens of a member state of the European Union, a member state of the European Economic Area, and the Swiss Confederation) is to work here, he must have a residence permit for work. Before a foreigner can apply for it from the Police and Border Guard Board, the employer must generally have permission from the Unemployment Fund to employ a foreigner. More information here and here.

EURES portal

Read more

The European Job Mobility Portal http://eures.europa.eu is considered by many to be the safest job placement portal. The use of the portal is free for both jobseekers and employers. If you want to publish your job offer on the EURES portal, contact the EURES advisers of the Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund. If you are more interested, you can create an account for your company on the portal. This allows you to create and save search profiles, receive notifications of CVs matching your search, order newsletters and receive other information necessary for recruiting employees from other European countries.