Coming to Estonia

How easy it is for you to look for a job, work, and receive benefits in Estonia, depends on your nationality. As a member of the European Union, Estonia has arrangements that make it easier for citizens of other EU Member States, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland to come into the country for professional reasons. For others, different conditions apply.
Looking for a job and working in Estonia

If you hold a passport of another EU Member State, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, you have full access to the Estonian labour market. This means you can freely come to Estonia to search for employment, make use of the Estonian job mediation services provided by Töötukassa, and settle here to work. No residence permit or work permit is required.
You are however encouraged to register yourself with the Police and Border Guard Board. By registering there you will receive an Estonian identity card and an identifying number which you will need to make use of all available services.
Once in Estonia, you need to register with Töötukassa to make use of our job mediation services.
If you are currently receiving an unemployment benefit from one of these countries, it is possible for you to continue to receive these benefits while you are looking for a job in Estonia. The authorities of the country you receive the benefits from will have to give you permission to search abroad, and will issue you a form U2. With this form, you can arrange for Töötukassa to continue to pay your benefits in Estonia. You must present this form to us as soon as possible in order to make sure you do not lose benefits. You can do so in any of our local offices.
Please note that the benefits will be paid to you by the country where you received an unemployment benefit earlier. Additional information available here  

Other job portals in Estonia 

Copyright © 2004 - 2018 EURES Eesti|Kõik õigused reserveeritud|Information: eures at tootukassa dot ee